How does recycling happen?
- The paper in a recycling plant is separated into thickness and types of paper and card.
- The separated paper is washed in solutions that remove inks, plastic film and glue.
- The washed paper is then mixed with water to create a thick liquid called slurry.
- By adding different materials to the slurry, different paper products can be created,
such as cardboard, newsprints or office paper.
- The slurry is poured into large thin sheets and spread using rollers.
- The paper is left to dry. Then it is rolled up, ready to be cut and sent back to the shops.
Find out about the recycling of: