- A versatile solution addressing automotive industry’s need for a high-performing tape that can work with a variety of paints and medium surface energy substrates without the need for primer, flame treatment, corona treatment, or other primer treatment while withstanding a significant amount of stress
- Better initial adhesion when applied at lower temperatures compared to AR7 and suitable in a variety of environments for the “just-in-time” business model used by many automotive manufacturers
- Deep black tape edge meets OEM,Tier and accessory manufacturer design needs for a more aesthetically pleasing appearance while enabling higher levels of consumer satisfaction
- Potential elimination of concerns associated with using primer such as labor cost and equipment investments, as primer is not required with this tape
- Designed to enable a total system cost-savings
- High initial tack to improve throughput time and increase confidence level in robustness of application
- Good adhesion and holding power on medium surface energy plastics, and traditional, low surface energy, and scratch- and mar-resistant automotive paint systems
- Either side of tape can be applied to plastic or paint without confusion of up or down, allowing for increased flexibility to change work cells and opportunity for simplification of the production process
- Features a removeable, 2 mil thick liner with PE on one side, that allows for heat bond tabbing to the tape.
3M™ Acrylic Plus Tape EX4511T is a tabbable, 1.14 mm (0.045 in) thick, deep black, double-coated acrylic foam tape with an advanced adhesion system designed for the attachment of automotive exterior trim parts– without the use of adhesion promoter. This tape features a red polyethylene liner on one side and a clear 2 mil liner on the other side.
Since product performance will depend on actual conditions within a specific application, it is essential that the user evaluate the 3M product to determine whether it is fit for a particular material purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.