- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of automotive paints, including the new scratch-and mar-resistant, low surface energy, and traditional paint systems.
- Combination of high initial adhesion with a stress handling core for demanding applications.
- Utilizes an acrylic foam core uniquely designed for excellent conformability of the seal to the substrate, while delivering excellent wet-out.
- Black core resulting in improved bond-line aesthetics.
- Ability to apply tape to seal components prior to high-temperature processing such as seal coating bakes.
- Heat-activated adhesive on the non-liner side forms an immediate, consistent and durable bond to most EPDM formulations and TPE materials.
- Liner-side adhesive is a pressure sensitive adhesive characterized by high adhesion and holding strength to many surfaces, including automotive paints and metals.
- Since product performance will depend on actual conditions within a specific application, it is essential that the user evaluate the 3M product to determine whether it is fit for a particular material purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.
3M™ Heat-Activated Acrylic Plus Tape WT4112 is a 1.20 mm (0.047 inch) thick, black acrylic foam tape, constructed with two different adhesives, used to attach weatherstrip and/or gasket seals for automotive and industrial applications.
Kraton® is a registered trademark of Kraton Polymers U.S. LLC.