3M™ Dynamar™ FX 5920A is a free-flowing fluoropolymer based processing additive that is designed for use at very low levels to improve processing of thermoplastics.
At the very low use levels (typically 200 – 1000 ppm) necessary to improve processing, it does not alter or detract from the good physical properties associated with high strength plastics. Special Features Broadens extrusion processing capabilities of polyolefin resins.
- Dynamar FX 5920A can offer performance and cost advantages. It exhibits exceptional commercial utility in low melt index film grade linear low density polyethylene (LLPDE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE). It is especially effective in polyolefin resins containing silica based antiblocking agents, titanium dioxide-based pigments, and other inorganic additives. It can also be used at low levels to reduce extruder die build-up when processing LDPE, EVA and other polyolefin resins.
- FX 5920A lowers apparent melt viscosity and permits fabricators to use high strength resins which otherwise could not be processsed on available equipment. Now with the aid of Dynamar FX 5920A, fabricators can produce films and other articles of improved strength and quality.
- As a processing additive, FX 5920A can reduce or eliminate melt fracture and can reduce extruder torque. Through optimization of the extrusion process, the use of FX 5920A may also allow for an increase in output and yield films with enhanced and balanced bi-directional physical properties and improved clarity and gloss.
- Ideal for use in polyolefin resins containing antiblocking agents, pigments and other inorganic additives
- Reduces or eliminates melt fracture
- Reduces or eliminates die build-up
- Lowers apparent melt viscosity
- For use at very low levels
- Free-flowing fluoropolymer processing aid
- Can offer performance and cost advantages