3M™ Dynamar PPA FX 5922 is a free-flowing fluoropolymer-based processing additive that is designed for use at very low levels to improve the processing of polyolefins. At the very low use levels (typically 100 – 800 ppm) necessary to improve processing, it does not alter or detract from the good physical properties associated with high strength plastics. Special Features Broadens extrusion processing capabilities of polyolefin resins, Lowers apparent melt viscosity, Excellent thermal stability.
- Dynamar PPA FX 5922 lowers apparent melt viscosity and permits fabricators to use high strength resins which otherwise could not be processed on available equipment. As a processing additive Dynamar PPA FX 5922 can reduce or eliminate melt fracture and can reduce extruder torque. Through optimization of the extrusion process, the use of FX 5922 may also allow an increase in output and yield films with enhanced and balanced bi-directional physical properties and improved clarity and gloss.
- Dynamar PPA FX 5922 can offer performance and cost advantages. It exhibits exceptional commercial utility in low melt index film grade linear low density polyethylene (LLPDE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE). It is especially effective in polyolefin resins containing talc and silica-based anti-blocking agents, titanium dioxide-based pigments, and other inorganic additives. It can also be used at low levels to reduce extruder die build-up when processing LDPE, EVA and other polyolefin resins.
- Reduces or eliminates die build-up
- Ideal for use in polyolefin resins containing anti-blocking agents, pigments and other inorganic additives
- For use at very low levels
- Free-flowing fluoropolymer-based processing additive
- Can offer performance and cost advantages