3M™ Dynamar™ Polymer Processing Additive FX 5927 is an improved performance PPA compared to conventional processing additives. This free-flowing fluoropolymer-based processing additive is designed for use at very low levels to improve processing of thermoplastics especially polyethylene as LLDPE, mLLDPE. It utilizes unique technology which makes it particularly effective as processing additive for liner low density polyethylene blown film. At the very low levels (typically 100 – 800 ppm) necessary to improve processing, it does not affect any of the mechanical or optical properties of plastic films.
- Dynamar PPA FX 5927 lowers apparent melt viscosity and permits fabricators to use high strength resins which otherwise could not be processed on available equipment. As a processing additive Dynamar FX 5927 can eliminate melt fracture and reduce die build up, extruder torque and pressure. Through optimization of the extrusion process, FX 5927 may also allow for an increase of in output and improved optical properties such as clarity and gloss. This optimization can yield films with enhanced bi-directional physical properties. FX 5927 can also improve sustainability by improving processability of higher strength resins, which allows for down-gauging.
- Compared to many conventional PPAs FX 5927 exhibits enhanced melt fracture elimination performance in a variety of polyolefin resins, encompassing a wide range of melt index, molecular weight distribution, density. It exhibits exceptional commercial utility in the blown extrusion of film grade linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), metallocene linear low density polyethylene (mLLDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE). It is especially effective in polyolefin resins containing talc and silica-based anti-blocking agents, titanium dioxide pigments, fillers, and other inorganic additives. It can also be used at low levels to reduce die build-up when processing LDPE, EVA and other polyolefin resins.
- A high performance PPA for use at very low levels in blown film processes
- Easily dispersed in compounding resins
- Fast rate of melt fracture elimination
- Broadens extrusion processing capabilities of polyolefin resins
- Ideal for use in extrusion of a wide range of polyolefin resins
- Robust performance in the presence of anti-blocking agents, pigments, and other inorganic additives
- Reduces die build-up