3M™ Dyneon™ Ultra High Purity PFA 6515UHPZ, a fully fluorinated copolymer made from tetrafluoroethylene and perfluorvinylether, is characterized by its excellent temperature resistance, optimal chemical and weathering resistance and very good dielectric capabilities and ultra low levels of extractable ions.
Special Features Wide service temperature range, Extremely high weathering resistance and UV-stability, High limiting oxygen index: Does not support combustion, Good non-stick characteristics.
- In ccomparison to the T grades 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA Ultra High Purity grades are a new series of ultra-high purity fluorothermoplastics. These resins are especially suitable for high-purity applications requiring ultra-low levels of extractable ions, making it suitable for critical wet chemical processes in the semiconductor industry.
- Generally, 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA Ultra High Purity grades can be compression-moulded, transfer-moulded, extruded or injection-moulded. 3M Dyneon Ultra High Purity PFA 6515UHPZ, with a Melt-Flow-Index (372 °C/5 kg) of 15 g/10 min, is a material with a low viscosity and is used in high shear processes like wire and cable extrusion and injection moulding, especially when the good mechanical performance needs to be combined with ultra-low levels of extractable ions, making it suitable for critical wet chemical processes in the semiconductor industry.
- Broad processing window
- Improved mould release property
- High transparency
- Extremely low level of extractable trace elements
- Excellent and almost universal resistance to solvents and chemicals
- Excellent electrical insulation properties, e.g. dielectric breakdown strength, dielectric constant
- Smooth surfaces
- Good low-friction properties
- Improved stress crack resistance
- Extremely low levels of fluoride ions and other anions
- UHP packages to assure clean, contamination-free product