3M™ Dyneon™ Fluoroplastic PFA 6515TZ, a fully fluorinated copolymer made from tetrafluoroethylene and perfluorvinylether, is characterized by its excellent temperature resistance, optimal chemical and weathering resistance and very good dielectric capabilities.
Special Features Wide service temperature range, Extremely high weathering resistance and UV-stability, High limiting oxygen index: Does not support combustion, Good non-stick characteristics, Broad processing window.
- In comparison to the N grades the 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA T grades are chemically modified to show additional benefits: The 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA T grades show a high thermal processing stability resulting in a broad processing window. In addition, they are easily released from moulds, show an improved stress crack resistance and a smooth surface.
- Generally, 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA T grades are used for corrosion protection in valves, pumps, tanks, tubes and pipes, or heating cables. 3M Dyneon Fluoroplastic PFA 6515TZ, with a Melt-Flow-Index (372 °C/5 kg) of 15 g/10 min, is a material with a low viscosity and is used in high shear processes like wire and cable extrusion and injection moulding, especially when the exceptional temperature resistance, the almost universal resistance to solvents and chemicals together with the extremely high weathering resistance need to be combined with good mechanical performance.
- Improved mould release property
- High transparency
- Excellent almost universal resistance to solvents and chemicalsExcellent electrical insulation properties, e.g. dielectric breakdown strength, dielectric constant
- Smooth surfaces
- Good low-friction properties
- Improved stress-crack resistance