- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- Grey, 1.6 mm, multi-purpose adhesive and conformable acrylic foam core for good balance of strength and conformability in demanding applications; especially on high and medium surface energy substrates
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives: Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- High dynamic stress absorption reduces vibration and impact stress
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
- Offers a good plastiziser resistance.
Dream, Design, Deliver with 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4956. It is a grey, 1.6 mm thick, multi-purpose acrylic adhesive with a conformable, foam core. It can replace rivets, welds and screws. The fast and easy to use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability. It offers design flexibility with its viscoelasticity and powerful ability to bond to a variety of high and medium surface energy substrates.
- Use in a variety of industries and applications to replace rivets, bolts, screws, welding and liquid adhesives