- Can be applied to many substrates used for automotive parts, often without special surface treatment.
- Common uses include bonding to rough or highly irregular surfaces, sealing and other applications where a highly conformable tape is required.
- Utilizes 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape technology, which has been used for vehicle interior and exterior part attachment for more than forty years.
- Shows a high initial adhesion and can be applied to a complicated three-dimensional surface.
- Provides excellent bonding and sealing performance to rough surfaces due to conforming foam construction.
- Reduces the possibility of staining the bonded surfaces because it is made of a high molecular weight acrylic material.
- Excels in extreme weather, heat and solvent resistance
3M™ Wire Harness Tape 5078 is a 1.0 mm (0.040 inch) thick, black, double-sided acrylic tape with scrim layer with yellow paper liner, designed to bond to rough or highly irregular surfaces, or in sealing and other applications where a highly conformable tape is required. 3M Wire Harness Tape 5078 offers the following features, advantages and benefits: