- Disinfects in 1 minute. Protects ports for up to 7 days if not removed.
- Helps reduce the risk of contaminants from entering the I.V. port through the catheter, post-insertion
- Brightly coloured to help clinicians verify and measure compliance.
- Twists on easily and stays securely in place on commonly used needleless connectors.
- In vitro testing shows effectiveness against the six microorganisms commonly associated with CLABSI: Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida glabrata, and Candida albicans
- For single use only
- Strips of 10 caps to be hung from I.V. poles for easy access.
Curos disinfecting caps lock onto needleless valves and connectors for quick and reliable disinfection; can be left in place to clean and protect for up to 7 days.
Consistent use of Curos disinfecting caps on I.V. needleless connectors is associated with decreased CLABSI. Curos caps are alcohol-containing caps that twist onto ports for disinfection and protection. Each Curos cap contains 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) which bathes the surface of the port and disinfects it in 1 minute.
- Disinfect needleless connectors before line access
- Curos disinfecting caps may be used in the home or a healthcare facility.
- 3 year shelf life. Please refer to product expiration date.
- Use only on needleless connectors. Do not use on open female luers.