A short and easy-to-digest video aimed at VLU patients and carers. Includes an introduction to VLUs and how they can be treated.
Contact us for full access to share these videos with colleagues.
The Health Information Network (THIN) database contains information on more than 11 million patients from 562 primary care practices across the UK and has been shown to be representative of the UK population in terms of demographics and disease distribution. This real-life study assessed clinical outcomes and cost-effectiveness of three compression systems (3M™ Coban™ 2 Layer Compression System, *UrgoKTwo™ and **Profore™) in treating newly diagnosed VLUs in the UK, from the perspective of the NHS.
Contact us to get an appraisal of potential savings in your facility.
Real world evidence over a 6-month evaluation demonstrates that treating newly-diagnosed VLUs with Coban 2 compared with UrgoKTwo™ and Profore™:
• Affords a more cost-effective use of NHS-funded resources in clinical practice
• Results in an increased healing rate
• Improves ‘health related quality of life’ score
• Reduces NHS management costs
The clinical experts behind the videos discuss the benefits of adopting the Consensus document recommendations. View them below and contact us for full access to share with your colleagues.
After downloading and reading the Consensus Document below, ask us about the range of education materials that is available to you through the 3M Health Care Academy. In addition, contact us to find out how we can support you in implementing the recommendations of the Consensus Document, and explore compression therapy solutions with us to improve venous leg ulcer care.
‘Simplifying Venous Leg Ulcer Management’ is based on an international expert working group’s review on how to encourage wider adoption of compression therapy for VLU management.
The 3M Health Care Academy is a training and educational resource for healthcare professionals who want to stay up-to-date in their professional life and progress their career.
Discover the benefits of the 3M™ Coban™ 2 Compression Systems for the effective treatment of venous leg ulcers. It was specifically developed to overcome some of the challenges that clinicians encounter with compression therapy.
1. O'Meara S, Cullum N, Nelson EA, Dumville JC. Compression for venous leg ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; 11: CD000265.
2. Nelson EA, Bell-Syer SE. Compression for preventing recurrence of venous ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014; 9: CD002303.
Simplifying Venous Leg Ulcer Management: Consensus Recommendations used with permission from Wounds International. © Wounds International 2015. © 3M 2015. All Rights Reserved
3. Guest JF, Fuller GW, Vowden P. Clinical outcomes and cost-effectiveness of three different compression systems in newly-diagnosed venous leg ulcers in the UK, Journal of Wound Care Vol 26 (5), May 2017 244-254
*UrgoKTwo is a trademark of Urgo Ltd
**Profore is a trademark of Smith & Nephew Ltd