This 3M Extranet site to which you, “User”, have requested access contains materials which are the property of 3M. In order to access 3M Extranet site(s) you are required to accept the terms of this Extranet Access Agreement (“Agreement”)on behalf of yourself and the company/organisation whom you represent (“Your Company”). If you accept these terms, 3M will be entitled to assume that you have the necessary authority to bind Your Company to these terms. Please read these terms carefully.
Acceptance of these terms constitutes an Agreement between User, Your Company and 3M United Kingdom PLC of 3M Centre, Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 8HT from the date of which 3M agrees to grant User and/or Your Company access from time to time to certain portions of 3M's non-public web sites (each an “Extranet Site”) as 3M may deem appropriate, subject to the following terms and conditions and applicable laws.
In this Agreement "3M" means and includes 3M United Kingdom PLC and its ultimate parent company, 3M Company of St. Paul, Minnesota, USA and any of the parent company's subsidiary or associated companies.
Additional terms and conditions will apply to business transactions conducted or any promotions run by 3M via this Extranet Site. Additional terms will govern any bulletin board services, chat areas and or other message or communication facilities offered via this Extranet Site. Nothing contained in this Agreement is intended to modify or amend any agreement currently in effect between Your Company and 3M.
2. Extranet Site Content and Availability. 3M reserves the right to modify, delete or add content to the Extranet Site, or to terminate the Extranet Site, at any time without notice.
User and Your Company agrees that all intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, logos, designs, trade dress, technical information and know-how of the 3M Extranet site and 3M’s public web site are exclusively the property of 3M and all uses of such property shall inure to the benefit of 3M. User and Your Company may be offered facilities to download images and other materials in which case 3M grants User and Your Company a non-exclusive permission to use those materials itself in the downloaded forms solely for the benefit of marketing and promoting 3M products and services. This permission shall not be deemed to confer on User and Your Company any rights, intellectual property right, title or interest in respect of any of the contents of the Extranet or 3M’s public web site.
User and Your Company agrees to be bound by the Instructions for Use provided by 3M in relation to the downloaded materials and will discontinue using the materials immediately upon 3M’s request and/or termination of this Agreement
User and Your Company may not make any part of this Extranet Site available as part of another web site whether by hyperlink, framing on the internet or otherwise.
3M makes no warranty as to the accessibility or availability of its Extranet Site, including but not limited to, circumstances beyond the reasonable control of 3M: power failures: network disruptions, telephone line failures, software errors, hardware malfunctions, and analogous circumstances.
3. Confidentiality. User and Your Company may be given access to certain 3M information including, but not limited to, data concerning 3M businesses, products, processes, the Security Systems and any other information designated by 3M as confidential (“Confidential Information”). Information is not confidential if it is (i) in or becomes part of the public domain other than by disclosure by User and/or Your Company in breach of this Agreement; (ii) independently developed by User and/or Your Company with no use of the Confidential Information provided under this Agreement; (iii) obtained by User and/or Your Company from third parties without a duty of confidentiality or a breach of any such duty; or (iv) required to be disclosed by law, statute or regulation, provided that wherever practical User and/or Your Company must provide 3M with prior notice of the required disclosure and an opportunity to attempt to limit such disclosure. User and/or Your Company must: 1) use all reasonable precautions to prevent disclosure of Confidential Information to any third party, 2) use the Confidential Information only for the purposes of doing business with 3M. 3M will be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce User's and Your Company’s compliance with the obligations contained in clause 3(i), it being understood and agreed by User and Your Company that 3M will not have an adequate remedy at law if those obligations are not complied with.
4. Liability. 3M will use reasonable commercial efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the Extranet Site but is not liable or responsible for any errors and omissions in the content and except for fraudulent misrepresentation, personal injury, or death caused by the negligence of 3M, 3M will not be liable for damages of any kind, whether direct, indirect or consequential resulting from User's and/or Your Company’s use of or inability to use, the Extranet Site, including without limitation loss of business, contracts, data or other financial losses. 3M disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of quality and fitness for a particular purpose, relating to information contained on the Extranet Site or the availability of access to the Extranet Site. The information contained in the Extranet Site does not in itself constitute any offer to contract with User or Your Company, any offer to contract with User or Your Company being entirely subject to acceptance by 3M in its discretion.
5. Term and Termination. This Agreement is effective from the date of acceptance by User for an unlimited period of time and may be terminated by either party upon at least 24 hours prior notice to the other party, or immediately for cause.
6. General. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of England and Wales. Failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision, nor of the right to enforce such provision.
Extranet Access Agreement UK (on-line) October 2016