- Offers an outstanding seal for gaps and openings up to 2 mm, when cured.
- Linerless, repositionable and tack-free, the tape is easily applied to clean or E-coated surfaces
- Readily conforming to irregular surfaces, the tape is well suited to cover spot welds, weld flash, pillowing, and other surface imperfections treatable in the sealer deck or paint shop
- Uniquely formulated, the tape has both a controlled melt flow layer for sealing or gap filling and a barrier layer for additional sealing or prevention of blow-throughs
- Once cured, the thermoset tape forms a hard, smooth paint-receptive surface
- Controlled melt flow layer seals or gap fills, while barrier layer helps prevent blow-through
- Easy-to-use product cures in a conventional paint oven without additional heating equipment
- Linerless, repositionable and tack-free, tape is easily applied to clean or E-coated surfaces
3M™ Structural Sealing Tape 5232 is a white, 1.5 mm (0.06 in) thick, conformable, PVC-free structural sealing tape formulated to seal automotive body joints on hidden surfaces.
3M™ Structural Sealing Tapes offer optimal design freedom. They can be painted and supply the ideal base for perfect surfaces. They are applied as tape and then are heated to flow around the joints and cure to a smooth, hard, paint-receptive surface. Typical applications are sealing of roof ditches and other body joints.