- Elongation properties allow for the film to wrap around the back side of the component, which can provide additional protection to the component at the parting line.
- Has the ability to provide a fine relief on the surface which creates a touchable feeling; the deep and distinct texture is maintained after elongation and application to the component.
- 300% film elongation, property coupled with a unique application process (dual vacuum thermoforming) allow for the design of more complex geometric components
- Application by the dual vacuum thermoforming (DVT) process enhances the overall look and feel of the film on the part by retaining design appearance and texture during the entire process.
- Real metal within the film results in an authentic appearance and feel of metals, such as aluminum and stainless
- Enables easy tuning of colour and gloss for a wide variety of colours
- Versatility contributes to changing the finish easily according to the trim levels to meet regional needs.
3M™ Interior Trim Film - Relief Metal Series is a relief, metallic, colour-customizable series of films for covering automotive interior trim parts. These films offer the following benefits:
The texture and colour can be combined to create a wide variety of finishes. In most cases, 3M Interior Trim Films are supplied in custom finishes developed jointly by 3M and the OEM design studio for a particular model.