- Smaller size pad offers greater versatility: the 9100 series pads are easier to place because they fit appropriate application sites too small to accept larger pads and they require less area to prep
- Patented Safety Ring technology reduces clustering of electrosurgical RF current at the leading edge and corners of the pad allowing convenient pad placement in any direction relative to the surgical site (universal orientation)
- Unique, transthermal backing permits heat to escape faster than foam-backed pads reducing risk of unsafe temperature rise. Transthermal backing is also tearresistant for easy removal
- Designed to be used on any patient where full skin contact and a suitable placement site can be obtained
- Water-based, soft, hydrophilic conductive adhesive flows uniformly into skin crevices for reliable adhesion providing exceptional pad-to-skin contact
- Non-conductive border adhesive surrounds the conductive area to maintain electrical isolation
- Available with pre-attached cords and without cords, in split and solid styles
- Patient plate guarantee
3M™ corded and non-corded Universal Electrosurgical Pads are designed to work with most electrosurgical units (ESUs) and most surgical applications where electrosurgery is utilized. The pads provide a safe return path for the electrosurgical current.
The 3M™ Electrosurgical Grounding Pads 9100 Series all have a conductor area of 15 square inches (96.8 square cm) and come with the patented 3M™ Green Safety Ring technology which allows them to perform the same as grounding pads that are up to 33% larger in conductor area.In addition, they have fluid resistant, non-woven backing which allows heat to pass through up to 25% faster than foam and they have no minimum age or weight limit.