- Fewer accidents mean less downtime, less contracts missed and savings on repair costs.
- Improve corporate image through being more proactive about safety.
- Protect your company against potential legal action related to third party safety.
- Meet the requirements of UN-ECE 104 Regulation, Class C approved
- PVC free product construction with solvent free adhesive technology
- Bright vivid colours
- Superior day and nighttime brightness
- No dirt and water penetration due to edge sealing
- Designed for standard and coated canvas application
- Also used on non flat surfaces
- UN-ECE104 Class C approved
3M™ Diamond Grade™ Vehicle Marking Tapes Series 997 are designed for application to curtain sided vehicles for increased visibility. The 997 continuous tape provides excellent reflectivity and brightness. Guaranteed for three years. Conforms to UNECE 104 requirements. Available in yellow, white and red.
3M offers a range of homologated retroreflective marking tapes that carry the compulsory "E-mark" and meet all the requirements of regulation ECE104. All of the marking tapes are classified as C-class, meaning they are the brightest markings permitted by the regulations. Moreover, they are easy to apply, resistant to peeling and other damage, and sure to retain their brightness and colour even in the harshest working conditions.
- ECE104 is a regulation that establishes guidelines for the use of retro-reflective safety markings on the rear and sides of heavy goods vehicles operating throughout Europe. It requires that homologated retroreflective markings be applied to rigid, curtain and tanker vehicles with a mass over 7.5 tonnes or trailers that have a mass over 3.5 tonnes.
- The reflective material must carry the “E-mark” which means the tape meets the minimum requirements of the regulation. The reflective markings must be 'Class RA2' or 'microprismatic' (e.g. 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ reflective sheeting) in the case of rear markings and 'high visibility fluorescent or non fluorescent yellow reflective' in the case of side markings.
- Red or yellow markings must be used for the rear of the vehicle, as close as practicable to the edge of the vehicle. Yellow or white markings may be used for the side of vehicles, covering at least 80 per cent of its length.