- Primary barrier against body fluids, for improved continence care
- Alcohol-free and non-stinging - comfortable to use even on sore, damaged skin
- Safe - will not interfere with the healing process of sore, damaged skin
- Fast-drying and non-sticky - for ease of use and patient comfort
- Chlorhexidine gluconate and povidone iodine compatible
- Available in 1 ml and 3 ml foam applicator, 28 ml pump spray and a stoma wipe
3M™ Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film is the original alcohol-free liquid barrier film that dries quickly to form a breathable, transparent coating on the skin.
It is designed to protect intact, damaged or 'at-risk' skin from urine, faeces, other body fluids, medical adhesive related skin injury (MARSI) and friction. It comes in a variety of easy to apply formats: 1ml foam applicator, 3ml foam applicator, 28ml pump spray and a stoma wipe. It lasts for up to 72 hours, and will not sting when applied to broken skin.
- Helps prevent incontinence -associated dermatitis
- Peristomal/Peritube skin protection
- Periwound skin protection
- Medical Adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI) prevention around I.V. sites; Medical Adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI) prevention under dressings, tapes and negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT)
- Protection from moisture and friction (MASD)