3M™ Tegaderm™ CHG Chlorhexidine Gluconate I.V. Port Dressing 1665R is an antimicrobial dressing kit designed for patients with implanted venous ports, including oncology and hematology patients.
3M™ Tegaderm™ CHG Chlorhexidine Gluconate Dressing is clinically proven to reduce CRBSIs by 60% and catheter colonisations by 61% in a randomised control trial¹ 1 Timsit JF, et al. Randomized Controlled Trial of Chlorhexidine Dressing and Highly Adhesive Dressing for Preventing Catheter-Related Infections in critically ill adults. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2012; 186 (12):1272-1278.
- Integrated CHG gel pad provides immediate and continuous antimicrobial protection without requiring moisture to activate it
- Stays in place – CHG gel pad conforms around the needle and stays in contact with skin
- Easy to remove – Adhesive-free window minimizes adhesive contact with non-coring needle and patient's skin, reducing the risk of the dressing sticking to needle during removal
- Can be worn up to 7 days
- Clear visibility – Transparent dressing and CHG gel pad permit clear visibility around the insertion site area
- Breathable dressing permits moisture vapor to evaporate from skin
- Provides a waterproof, sterile barrier to external contaminants including liquids, bacteria and viruses.*
- 3M™ Tegaderm™ I.V. Transparent Film Dressing with Adhesive-Free Window 1668 is also available as an alternative stand-alone dressing with adhesive-free window
- Picture-frame delivery makes placement accurate and easy, minimizing potential to stick to gloves or to itself.
- To cover, protect and secure needles inserted in implanted ports on oncology and hematology patients
- To apply antimicrobial protection to implanted ports on oncology and hematology patients