- 0.004 inch (0.10 mm) outdoor grade polyurethane protective backing with 0.012 inch (0.30 mm) high tack, quick grab rubber based adhesive.
- Total thickness 0.016 inch (0.40 mm)
- Applications include joining and sealing of canvas, rubber, leather, plastic and fabric.
- Recommended as a quick repair patch and can be used on wet or dry surfaces.
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8617 is made from a tough, matte transparent, abrasion resistant, polyurethane elastomer that resists puncture and tearing. It is combined with an aggressive adhesive formulated for high bond strength to a variety of surfaces, such as canvas, leather, rubber, most plastics and paints.
Resists Wearing, Abrasion and Tearing