- Tough, thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer has a high peel strength and is resistant to minor abrasion, scratch, erosion, tear and puncture
- Indoor grade polyurethane tape
- Very high bond strength to canvas, leather, rubber, plastics and paints
- Minimally conformable tape sticks to a variety of surfaces
- Can be painted over, or applied to painted surfaces
- Acrylic adhesive adheres to a wide variety of substrates and retains a constant level of adhesion over time, yet removes easily when necessary
3M™ Polyurethane Protective Tape 8617 is a matte transparent, 16 mil construct, consisting of 4 mil polyurethane and 12 mil rubber adhesive. It offers strong resistance to punctures, tearing and abrasion. This indoor polyurethane tape is qualified to aerospace specifications. It offers a very high bond strength to canvas, leather, rubber, plastics and paints.
Resists Wearing, Abrasion and Tearing