- Black fastener with mushroom shaped stems, backed with an acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive
- Type 400 mates to Type 170, or 250. Closes with an audible snap
- Five times the tensile strength of typical hook-and-loop fasteners
- Opens and closes 1000 times before losing 50% of its original tensile strength
- Designed to bond to metals, glass and medium to high surface energy plastics and paint
- Foam tape backing allows for better contact with textured or irregular surfaces
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3551 is a general purpose acrylic adhesive on the back of a black, polypropylene reclosable fastner. 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3551 has 400 stems per square inch with an 0.23 inch engaged thickness. Offers a closure life of 1000.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3551 has a high temperature performance of up 200 degrees fahrenheit and can be used indoors and outdoors. 3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener SJ3551 is for use with metals (aluminum, stainless steel), glass and high surface energy plastics (acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS) and can be opened and closed 1,000 times.
- Use to bond metals, glass and medium to high surface energy plastics and paint
- Apply to electronic devices
- Fabricate or die-cut into various lengths and shapes with liner