3M™ Wire Harness Tape BT3103 is a 0.34 mm (0.010 inch) thick, blue, single-face acrylic tape developed for use in automobile interiors. 3M Wire Harness Tape BT3005 offers the following features, advantages and benefits:
Our 3M™ Wire Harness Tape BT3103 is a double-sided acrylic foam sealing tape with excellent initial adhesion, heat resistance and durability compared to conventional butyl sealing tapes. Common uses include bonding to rough or highly irregular surfaces, sealing and other applications where a highly conformable tape is required. Our 3M™ Wire Harness Tape BT3103 uses the technology of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape, which has been used for vehicle interior and exterior part attachment for more than forty years.
Tapes Designed for Automotive Applications
- Bonding of cellular urethane, polystyrene and polypropylene parts
- Securing wire harnesses to headliners
- Bonding impact relaxation pads to door panels
- Attaching interior trim
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes, the tape technology on which 3M™ Wire Harness Tape is based, are proven high-performance attachment systems for bonding automotive accessory and trim parts. These double-coated tapes combine acrylic adhesives with viscoelastic foam cores. Typical applications for 3M Acrylic Foam Tapes include attaching trim parts and bonding seals throughout the car body. Utilizing advanced technology, 3M™ Acrylic Foam and Acrylic Plus Tapes are designed to adhere to a wide variety of paint systems, including low surface energy and improved scratch- and mar resistant paints. They exhibit unique core properties that allow for stress relaxation and high adhesion values to automotive paint systems.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Provides excellent initial adhesion and static performance against substrates that have uneven surfaces.
- Primarily intended for the attachment of wire harness assemblies to automobile headliners.
- Reduced VOC emissions as compared to current products – meets Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA) Guidelines for Reducing Vehicle Cabin VOC Concentration Levels.
- Can be applied on various headliner materials without the use of primers.
- Good “workability” due to high tape modulus and ease of cutting.
- Demonstrates excellent heat resistance.
- High visibility due to blue colour.
- Since product performance will depend on actual conditions within a specific application, it is essential that the user evaluate the 3M product to determine whether it is fit for a particular material purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.