- Excellent holding strength, including applications for heavier mirrors and multifunction sensors.
- Excellent image stability; helps reduce reflected image distortion from vehicle vibrations.
- Pressure sensitive adhesive feature allows for component application to glass without the need for fixturing during cure.
- Tape cures to semi-structural strength during most windshield autoclave processes.
- For use on glass with and without ceramic paint (frit) applications. Larger applications should be tested for viability.
- 3M SBT is pre-applied to hardware components.
- Multiple packaging options are available for increased manufacturing efficiency of both automated and manual processes.
3M™ Structural Bonding Tape 9214 is formulated for bonding hardware components to glass, such as rear view mirror components, sensor brackets and mounting pins.
3M SBT is applied as a pressure-sensitive tape and then is heat-cured to develop semi-structural strength.