- Design flexibility allows for use in a wide variety of roof ditch, body sheet metal, plastic, and steel clip designs, and eliminates the need to stamp holes or form upturned flanges in sheet metal
- Ease of handling -- pre-applied to the clips; pressure sensitive adhesive holds clip position prior to the curing process; cures to full strength in the OEM paint process; and reduces the need to finesse sealer
- Helps eliminate weld splash and risk of rust related to T-studs and alignment problems related to upturned flanges and T-studs
- Excellent performance due to less degradation from plasticizer migration when using pumpable sealers
- Improved application time versus liquid adhesive
- Provides high retention strength, while still allowing for serviceability when used in conjunction with a mechanical clip
- Designed to cure with paint shop conditions
3M™ Structural Bonding Tape 9259 is formulated for the bonding of mechanical attachment clips to vehicle bodies and may be used to attach plastic or metal mechanical clips to e-coats, sealers or primers.
3M™ Structural Bonding Tape (SBT) 9259 is formulated for bonding of mechanical attachment clips to vehicle bodies. 3M SBT 9259 may be used to attach plastic or metal mechanical clips to e-coat, sealer or primer. It is applied as a pressure-sensitive tape, and then heat-cured to develop structural strength. The adhesive and foam of the tape are both made from epoxy-modified acrylic material.