3M™ Wire Harness Tape 5074 is a 2.0 mm (0.080 inch) thick, black, double-sided acrylic tape with blue polyethylene liner, designed to bond to rough or highly irregular surfaces, or in sealing and other applications where a highly conformable tape is required. 3M Wire Harness Tape 5074 offers the following features, advantages and benefits:
3M™ Wire Harness Tape 5074 is a double-sided acrylic sealing tape with excellent initial adhesion, heat resistance and durability compared to conventional butyl sealing tapes. Common uses include bonding to rough or highly irregular surfaces, sealing and other applications where a highly conformable tape is required. 3M™ Wire Harness Tape 5074 uses the technology of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape, which has been used for vehicle interior and exterior part attachment for more than forty years.
Tapes Designed for Automotive Applications
- Bonding of cellular urethane, polystyrene and polypropylene parts
- Securing wire harnesses to headliners
- Bonding impact relaxation pads to door panels
- Attaching interior trim
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tapes, the tape technology on which 3M™ Wire Harness Tape is based, are proven high-performance attachment systems for bonding automotive accessory and trim parts. These double-coated tapes combine acrylic adhesives with viscoelastic foam cores. The unique core conforms well even to complex geometries and is engineered for stress relaxation when exposed to high stress loads. The acrylic adhesive technology used in 3M™ Acrylic Foam and Acrylic Plus Attachment Tapes is designed to adhere to a wide variety of paint systems, including low surface energy and improved scratch- and mar resistant paints. Typical applications for 3M Acrylic Foam Tapes include attaching trim parts and bonding seals throughout the car body.
Better Science for Better Adhesion from 3M
- Excellent initial adhesion and static performance against substrates that have uneven surfaces.
- Utilizes 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape technology, which has been used for vehicle interior and exterior part attachment for more than forty years.
- Can be applied to many substrates used for automotive parts, often without special surface treatment.
- Good “workability” due to high tape modulus, ease of cutting and wet-out.
- Reduces the possibility of staining the bonded surfaces because it is made of a high molecular weight acrylic material.
- Since product performance will depend on actual conditions within a specific application, it is essential that the user evaluate the 3M product to determine whether it is fit for a particular material purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.
- Heat and solvent resistance