- Mushroom heads allow flexibility in alignment for easy attachment of components.
- Can be opened and re-closed in high cycle applications.
- Provides hidden component attachment, preventing disruption on the show surface.
- Strong holding power reduces the rattling and vibration of components
- Does not require any special tools or processing equipment
- Can be used to attach components before they enter the final assembly plant, thus helping to reduce the number of parts and the length of assembly time
- Combinations of stem densities and the engaged area provide adjustable and proportional engagement and disengagement forces
- Audibly snaps together to form a secure, dependable and repeatable attachment
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fastener Piece Parts are positive-locking, blind fasteners designed for use in a variety of attachment solutions, and numerous automotive applications. These products feature mushroom-shaped polyolefin stems that snap together.
3M™ Dual Lock™ Reclosable Fasteners Die-Cut Circles, Die-Cut Rectangular and Die-Cut Square Parts are primarily pre-cut parts and are supplied with a counter sunk hole for easy attachment using pan-head screws, pop rivets, ultrasonically stacked post, etc. The head of the screw or rivet must be recessed below the bottom of the mushroom stems to allow proper engagement of the mushroom heads.