- Fewer accidents mean less downtime, less contracts missed and savings on repair costs
- Improve corporate image through being more proactive about safety
- Protect your company against potential legal action related to third party safety
- PVC free product construction with solvent free adhesive technology
- Bright vivid colours
- Superior day and nighttime brightness
- Retains reflectivity when totally wet by rain or when viewed at wide entrance angles
- No dirt and water penetration due to edge sealing
- Pressure sensitive adhesive
- UN-ECE104 Class C approved
- 3M's DOT tape is certified and guaranteed to meet and exceed NHTSA requirements
- Customer Logo printed on Demand
- Segmented for specific applications ( ex : in curve direction )
- Can be segmented for specific applications ( ex : in curve direction )
3M™ Diamond Grade™ Conspicuity Vehicle Marking Tapes Series 983S are designed for application to tankers and vehicles with difficult shapes for increased visibility. The 983S segmented tape provides excellent reflectivity and brightness. Guaranteed for eight years. Conforms to UNECE 104 requirements. Available in yellow, white and red.
3M offers a range of homologated retroreflective marking tapes that meet all the requirements of DOT regulation. All of the marking tapes are the brightest markings permitted by the regulations. Moreover, they are easy to apply, resistant to peeling and other damage, and sure to retain their brightness and colour even in the harshest working conditions.
- Rear marking plates for large vehicles
- The reflective material must carry the “E-mark” which means the tape meets the minimum requirements of the regulation. The reflective markings must be 'Class RA2' or 'microprismatic' (e.g. 3M™ Diamond Grade™ DG³ reflective sheeting) in the case of rear markings and 'high visibility fluorescent or non fluorescent yellow reflective' in the case of side markings.
- Red or yellow markings must be used for the rear of the vehicle, as close as practicable to the edge of the vehicle. Yellow or white markings may be used for the side of vehicles, covering at least 80 per cent of its length.