- Ability to structural bond low surface energy plastics such as polyolefins, polypropylene, polyethylene and TPO's
- Excellent resistance to water and humidity combined with very good chemical resistance results in a bond that can withstand a variety of applications and conditions
- Cures at room temperature without heat or other chemicals to eliminate complex adhesion processes
- One step process results in a strong bond on low surface energy plastics minimizing or eliminating pre-treatment or preparation of the substrates needed prior to bonding
- Available in off-white and black
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive 8005 is one of our 10:1 ratio, two-part acrylic based adhesive specially formulated to bond many low surface energy plastics. It will adhere many grades of polypropylene, polyethylene, and thermoplastic elastomers (TPE`s) without special surface preparation.
Get great handling strength in approximately 3 hours with 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Structural Plastic Adhesive DP8005. Our medium viscosity adhesive bonds polyolefins without surface treatment. It’s made with a 10:1 mix ratio and has an impressive 3 minute work life.
It can bond many low surface energy plastics, including many grades of Polypropylene, Polyethylene, and Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE’s).
- Bond low surface energy plastics such as polypropylene, polyethylene and thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs)
- Joining plastics to metals, such as in the manufacture or repair of appliances
- Impact resistance composite bonding